SIZZLE











I sincerely believe that Southern California has some of the loveliest weather in the world and we are lucky to have it but too much of a good thing can be a bad thing! All this sunshine and not a drop of rain! It's been very dry and hot and so I've been pretty much living in this dress on the weekends. I love how light and breezy it is. It has such an ease to it. Of course, anything floral, flowing, strappy, and backless pretty much is begging to live my closet!

I love that this dress can be dressed up or down depending on the jewelry. I usually don't wear a necklace with this dress but I added this Amarilo necklace with gold chevrons and it dressed things up. I opted for this beautiful dangly arm cuff from Amarilo jewelry which is super comfortable to wear! I usually don't like wearing arm cuffs but this one is made so well and doesn't get weirdly bent out of shape or cut off your circulation! This look feels right at home at the beach or even casual dinner with friends. Heels would over complicate the simple lines of this dress so I always wear it with my favorite American Eagle braided sandals as I do most of my maxi dresses to maintain the unfussy, casual vibe. Plus they're super comfortable and easy to put on! And since this maxi is a bit long on me (I don't like to hem my maxi dresses because 1) lazy and 2) I love the flowy feel), of course, that means the chances of me tripping and eating it increase tenfold. Stairs. are. the. enemy.

Funny story (or not) about these sandals: I'm obsessed with them. I wear them pretty much everyday! They're so easy to slip on and off with a simple zipper on the back so in my usual hurried morning rush out the door I can just slip them on unzipped until I get into my car and it just looks good with almost every casual outfit I can put together. They're so light and comfortable that I can wear them for hours with getting rubbed raw anywhere and walk around all day if I have to without any aching. The slight wedge is the perfect between a flat and a heel. So obviously I wore them to an early death. This is probably the only pair I've had in recent memory that I have abused in this manner! After two years straight of wearing them all day in and day out over long distances, the rubber cap on the bottom of the heel fell off at the airport when I was getting on a flight to SF and then everything went downhill from there! The ankle strap started coming apart and the front strap was getting stretched too thin. So I went on a mad crazy desperate hunt online to see if American Eagle or any other retailer carried anything similar to replace them with. Of course, no luck. Luckily, I turned to Poshmark and found 2 people selling my babies brand new/barely worn and I snapped them up instantly! Women and their crazy need for back ups, eh?

Bonus! I often pack this dress with me on trips because the material is made of a crinkled texture fabric so I don't have to worry about ironing out wrinkles!

Dress - Urban Outfitters Reformed by The Reformation // Shoes - American Eagle Brown Braided Leather // Amelia Arm Cuff - Amarilo

What's your go-to summer outfit when things heat up? Let's hear it in the comments below!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I'm so happy that you're willing to share your thoughts with me! Love hearing what you think! :)